Indian Government Passport Issue Service
You may apply for passport through registration of online forms also on internet.
- Procedure for online form submission is very simple.
- You may take printout of online form from internet and may also submit in person at passport office, centers for Speed post or cells for district Passport office also.
Tatkal Passport Scheme of Government of India
If you required your passport on urgent basis, you may apply for passport under indian tatkal passport scheme.
- A verification certificate is required as per specimen found on annexure “F” on website of Indian passport department.
- You also required to submit standard affidavit along with tatkal fees, details are given “ANNEXURE I” on indian tatkal passport website.
- No proof for urgency is needed for applying under tatkal passport rules.
Tatkal Passport Procedure For Application
Tatkal passport procedure is very simple. You only need to submit only three documents out of fourteen documents listed on indian tatkal passport webpage.
- Two documents for applying with tatkal passport scheme are proof for photo identity and standard affidavit. Third document may be from list of document on indian tatkal passport webpage.
- Document need to submit along with original certificates along with photocopies with self attested signatures.
- Tatkal fees will be additional to passport fees. Fees may be submitted in cash or DD. DD should be in favor of concerned passport officer.
- Under tatkal passport procedure rules, fees for getting passport within one to seven days of applying is Rs.2500/-.(Inclusive of passport fees of Rs. 1000/-)
- If you may wait for your passport for 8-14 day after applying with tatkal passport scheme, fees charged will be Rs. 2000/- only.(Inclusive of passport fees of Rs. 1000/-)
- You may get duplicate passport within 1-7 days after applying, if it may get lost or damaged under tatkal passport procedure rules. With tatkal scheme Fees charged will be Rs. 5000/-.(Inclusive of fees for duplicate passport Rs. 2500/-)
- If you want your duplicate passport in 8-15 days, with tatkal passport procedure rules, you need to pay Rs. 4000/-. (Inclusive of passport fees of Rs. 1000/-)
Information on Tatkal Passport Validity
Under tatkal passport rules, tatkal passport validity is of ten years duration.
- Under tatkal passport validity rules, you may get fresh new passport within 3 days of your application.
- Fees for fresh new passport under indian tatkal passport and tatkal passport validity scheme is Rs. 2500/-.
- Normal fees for fresh new passport with tatkal passport validity rules, you need only pay Rs.1000/-.